Overcoming Video Content Fears:
5 Strategies to Get Your Social Media Video Groove Going, Even if You’re Not
Creating video content for social media can be daunting, especially if you’re not a natural performer or dancer. However, with the right mindset and strategies, anyone can overcome their fears and start creating engaging and entertaining video content for their social media channels. Here are five strategies to help you overcome what’s holding you back and get your social media video groove going:
1. Embrace Your Authenticity: Instead of trying to be someone you’re not, embrace your authenticity and let your personality shine through in your videos. Authenticity is key to creating relatable and engaging content that resonates with your audience. Focus on your strengths and interests, and don’t be afraid to show your personality and quirks.
2. Start Small and Practice Regularly: Like any skill, creating video content takes practice and repetition. Start small by creating short, simple videos and gradually work your way up to longer, more complex content. Practice regularly and use each video as an opportunity to learn and improve.
3. Create a Safe and Supportive Environment: Surround yourself with people who support and encourage your creativity. Join online communities or groups where you can connect with other creators and share tips and feedback. Having a supportive environment can help you feel more confident and motivated to create.
4. Focus on the Message, Not the Medium: While video content is important on social media, it’s the message that really counts. Focus on creating content that communicates your message effectively and resonates with your audience. Don’t worry too much about the technical aspects of video creation. Instead, focus on delivering a clear and compelling message.
5. Get Inspired by Others: One of the best ways to get your social media video groove going is to get inspired by others. Watch videos from other creators, take note of what works and what doesn’t, and adapt those strategies to your own content. Don’t be afraid to try new things and experiment with different styles and techniques.
Creating video content for social media can be challenging, but with the right mindset and strategies, anyone can overcome their fears and start creating engaging and entertaining content. Embrace your authenticity, start small and practice regularly, create a safe and supportive environment, focus on the message, not the medium, and get inspired by others. With these strategies in mind, you can get your social media video groove going, even if you’re not a natural performer or dancer.
Where Can You Find Me?
Kristen White is the founder of C.A.T.S. Networking, a women-empowering-women entrepreneurs biz growth community. She’s the Big Cat @ OrangeCatContent.com, a boutique digital marketing agency for Coaches, Authors, Thought Leaders, and Speakers in the personal development marketplace. With her background in TV news and filmmaking, she supports speakers at RocktheStageSpeakers.com
Kristen specializes in Video, Messaging, and Visibility strategies for entrepreneurs. You can connect with her for a complimentary session on your Online Video Strategy for Speaking & Media content.
Book a Massive Visibility with Video Mapping session here.