Mastering the Art of Podcast Guesting:
6 Tips to Get
Booked on Your
Getting booked as a podcast guest can be a great way to share your expertise, grow your audience, and build your personal brand. However, with so many people vying for podcast spots, it can be challenging to stand out and get noticed. Here are some tips to help you get booked as a podcast guest:
1. Define Your Expertise: The first step to getting booked as a podcast guest is to define your expertise. What unique insights or perspectives can you offer? What are some topics you’re passionate about and knowledgeable about? By defining your expertise, you can target podcasts that align with your expertise and increase your chances of being selected as a guest.
2. Research Podcasts: Research podcasts that align with your expertise and interests. Look for podcasts that cover topics related to your industry or niche, and that have an audience that aligns with your target audience. Once you’ve identified potential podcasts, research the hosts and the show’s format to get a better sense of what they’re looking for in a guest.
3. Craft a Pitch: Craft a compelling pitch that highlights your expertise and why you would be a valuable guest for the podcast. Keep your pitch concise, focused, and tailored to the podcast and its audience. Be sure to include your unique value proposition, your past experience, and any relevant accomplishments or credentials.
4. Follow Up: After submitting your pitch, follow up with the podcast host to ensure they received it and to express your continued interest in being a guest. Be persistent, but respectful, and show that you’re committed to providing value to their audience.
5. Be Prepared: If you’re selected as a podcast guest, it’s important to be prepared. Research the podcast, the host, and their audience to ensure you’re familiar with the format and expectations. Prepare talking points and key messages, and practice your delivery to ensure you come across as confident and engaging on air.
6. Promote Your Appearance: Once your podcast appearance is scheduled, promote it across your own channels to maximize exposure and drive engagement. Share the podcast on social media, in your email newsletter, and on your website. By promoting your appearance, you can increase your visibility and build your personal brand.
Getting booked as a podcast guest requires a combination of research, preparation, and persistence. By defining your expertise, researching podcasts, crafting a compelling pitch, following up, being prepared, and promoting your appearance, you can increase your chances of being selected as a guest and make a lasting impression on the podcast’s audience. Remember to be authentic, provide value, and have fun with the process!
Where Can You Find Me?
Kristen White is the founder of C.A.T.S. Networking, a women-empowering-women entrepreneurs biz growth community. She’s the Big Cat @ OrangeCatContent.com, a boutique digital marketing agency for Coaches, Authors, Thought Leaders, and Speakers in the personal development marketplace. With her background in TV news and filmmaking, she supports speakers at RocktheStageSpeakers.com
Kristen specializes in Video, Messaging, and Visibility strategies for entrepreneurs. You can connect with her for a complimentary session on your Online Video Strategy for Speaking & Media content.
Book a Massive Visibility with Video Mapping session here.