How to Promote Your TEDx Talk
Giving a TEDx Talk is an incredible opportunity to share your ideas with a wider audience and amplify your message. However, even the most impactful TEDx Talk can fall flat if it fails to reach a wide audience. In this blog post, we’ll explore strategies for promoting your TEDx Talk and reaching a wider audience.
1. Start with the Basics: Before diving into more advanced promotional strategies, it’s important to cover the basics. This includes creating a high-quality video of your TEDx Talk and ensuring that it’s posted on the official TEDx YouTube channel. Make sure that your video includes a clear title and description, as well as relevant tags and keywords that will make it easier for viewers to find.
2. Leverage Social Media: Social media is a powerful tool for promoting your TEDx Talk and reaching a wider audience. Start by sharing your TEDx Talk on your own social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. You can also use hashtags and mentions to make it easier for people to discover and share your content.
Consider creating short clips or trailers of your TEDx Talk to share on social media, as well as behind-the-scenes content that gives viewers a glimpse into the process of preparing and delivering your talk. Engage with your audience by responding to comments and sharing their content, which can help to create a sense of community and buzz around your TEDx Talk.
3. Build Relationships with Influencers: One effective way to reach a wider audience is by building relationships with influencers in your industry or niche. Look for people who have a large following on social media or a strong presence in your industry, and reach out to them to see if they would be interested in sharing your TEDx Talk with their audience.
To build relationships with influencers, start by engaging with their content on social media, sharing their posts, and leaving thoughtful comments. You can also offer to collaborate on a project or share their content with your own audience. By building a relationship with an influencer, you can tap into their audience and amplify your message.
4. Reach Out to Media Outlets: Media outlets such as newspapers, magazines, and blogs are always on the lookout for interesting and engaging content. Reach out to relevant media outlets and offer to provide them with exclusive content related to your TEDx Talk. This could include an interview, a guest blog post, or an op-ed piece.
Make sure to tailor your pitch to each individual media outlet and explain why your TEDx Talk is relevant and newsworthy. Provide a clear and concise summary of your talk and explain how it relates to current events or trends in your industry. By securing media coverage, you can reach a wider audience and generate buzz around your TEDx Talk.
5. Collaborate with Other Speakers: Finally, consider collaborating with other speakers from your TEDx event to cross-promote each other’s talks. You can share each other’s videos on social media, collaborate on a joint project, or even host a live event or webinar where you discuss your TEDx Talks and answer audience questions.
By collaborating with other speakers, you can tap into each other’s audiences and generate more interest in your TEDx Talks. This can also help to create a sense of community and support among TEDx speakers.
Promoting your TEDx Talk and reaching a wider audience requires a combination of basic and advanced promotional strategies. By leveraging social media, building relationships with influencers, reaching out to media outlets, collaborating with other speakers, and engaging with your audience, you can amplify your message and reach a wider audience.
Where Can You Find Me?
Kristen White is the founder of C.A.T.S. Networking, a women-empowering-women entrepreneurs biz growth community. She’s the Big Cat @ OrangeCatContent.com, a boutique digital marketing agency for Coaches, Authors, Thought Leaders, and Speakers in the personal development marketplace. With her background in TV news and filmmaking, she supports speakers at RocktheStageSpeakers.com
Kristen specializes in Video, Messaging, and Visibility strategies for entrepreneurs. You can connect with her for a complimentary session on your Online Video Strategy for Speaking & Media content.
Book a Massive Visibility with Video Mapping session here.